New Delhi The longstanding deadlock over India's tour of South Africa has come to an end after the two boards came to a "mutual agreement" during the meeting between BCCI president N Srinivasan and Cricket South Africa chief Chris Nenzani, sources told CNN-IBN.
After hard bargaining, India - according to sources - have agreed in principle to a tour comprising two Tests and three ODIs; however, CSA has proposed a third Test, which the BCCI is yet to decide upon. The official announcement giving the tour a green signal will be made soon by the both sides.
Sources also told CNN-IBN that CSA is likely to exclude its CEO Haroon Lorgat from all matters involving BCCI. Lorgat's appointment was reportedly the bone of contention behind BCCI's reservations on going ahead with the tour.
The two board presidents met in Mumbai on Saturday and the meeting was termed as a step in the right direction, but sources have now confirmed to CNN-IBN that the tour is on. Srinivasan and BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel also had a lengthy discussion with Nenzani and CSA Independent director Norman Arendse on the schedule and duration of the tour. The meeting was held at a five-star facility in place of BCCI headquarters to avoid media attention.
CSA had earlier released the tour itinerary involving three Tests, seven ODIs and two T20 internationals, but BCCI didn't agree to that as it reckoned that the South African board didn't consult it's Indian counterpart before announcing the schedule.