Quick Links



    Talwars accused in Aarushi case? HC verdict today

    New Delhi: The Allahabad High Court will pronounce its decision on the petition filed by Aarushi Talwar's parents, challenging the Ghaziabad court's order that made them an accused in the murder of their own daughter.

    On May 16, 2008, 14-year old Aarushi Talwar was found dead in her Noida home. The suspicion immediately fell on Talwar's servant Hemraj.

    But the very next day his body was found on the terrace of the Talwar's residence. Then suddenly the grieving parents began to be seen as suspects.
    On May 23, Rajesh Talwar was arrested by the UP police for the alleged murder of his daughter and his domestic help.

    Minutes after the controversial press conference, the police's theory came under scrutiny and the case was handed over to the CBI in June.

    On July 12, 2008, just a month and a half later, Rajesh Talwar was freed, when the CBI said it didn't have evidence against him.

    The focus then shifted to Krishna, the Talwars' compounder, and Rajkumar and Vijay Mondal, two servants living in the same area.

    Joint Director, CBI Arun Kumar had then said, "Krishna has undergone two polygraphic test in Delhi. Narco in Bangalore and Psycho assesment test in AIIMS. On the basis of all that he has been arrested today."

    But they too were released on bail after the CBI couldn't file a charge sheet - the result no one knew who killed Aarushi and Hemraj.

    Two years of investigations and several scientific tests later, in December 2010 the CBI filed a closure report citing lack of evidence but named Rajesh Talwar as the prime suspect in the case.

    The Talwar's filed a protest petition challenging the CBI's report and asked for a re-investigation.

    And then in a strange turn of events, on January 25, 2011, Rajesh Talwar was attacked outside the Ghaziabad court by Utsav Sharma, a mentally unstable person who had also attacked former DGP SPS Rathore a year back.

    And if that wasn't shocking enough, the court not only rejected the Talwars plea, but even said that Rajesh and Nupur were the main accused in the murders of Aarushi and Hemraj.

    Aarushi's mother, Nupur Talwar had said, "They have not reached the right conclusion. They have failed in their case."

    The couple then appealed to the Allahabad High Court, asking for a stay on this order and for a re-investigation. The court's verdict on Friday could either mean that they'll be tried as accused or that their stand - that the police and the CBI got the wrong people - actually be vindicated.