Melbourne: Mickey Arthur, who was sacked unceremoniously by Cricket Australia (CA) as the Australia coach earlier this year, has moved on in his life. The South African has tried to keep himself away Australia's Ashes win but he is happy.
Earlier this year, with less than three weeks before the first Ashes of the year in June, Arthur was sacked by CA and was replaced with Darren Lehmann.
"I have tried to keep my distance during the Test series. Even though I was emotional yesterday I was emotional for the right reasons, I was extremely happy for Darren Lehmann and for all the boys," an emotional Arthur said.
As Australian regained the Ashes in the year-end series, Lehmann defended his record. Arthur said that Ashes heroes Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris and Brad Haddin were missing during his tenure.
"I would be lying if I said it wasn't difficult. I didn't think England would play so badly, but Australia have been fantastic. I was emotional (on Tuesday) when I saw them get the urn back because I know how much hard work has gone into it, including my own, and how much we had spoken about getting those Ashes back," Arthur was quoted as saying by The Age.
Arthur defended his coaching record during his stint as the Australia coach.
"We won a hell of a lot. We lost one-nil against South Africa (in 2012-13) and we beat India (at home in 2011-12) four-nil playing the same brand of cricket. In actual fact, we were within two wickets in Adelaide of being No.1 in the world. That has been lost a little bit," he said.