The Proteas achieved the revised target of 202 with 15 balls to spare. And it was David Miller (39) and Heinrich Klaasen (43), who strung a partnership of 72 runs that took the game away from the Indians. The turning point of the match came when wrist-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal castled Miller on a no-ball, when the latter was batting on seven. With this win South Africa registered their first win of the series and are 3-1 behind right now.
Here are the 10 reasons to watch the fifth ODI between India and South Africa:
• 62.50%: South Africa’s win rate at St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth. India has never won a match at this venue, in the five matches they have played here.
• 5: MS Dhoni requires 5 catches to complete 300 catches in ODI. He currently holds the record for most catches taken in the format.
• 46: Runs M Dhoni needs to complete 10,000 ODI runs. He will be the 12th ODI player to reach this landmark and the 4th Indian after Sachin Tendulkar (18,426), Sourav Ganguly (11,363) & Rahul Dravid (10,889).
• 88: Runs Bhuvneshwar Kumar needs to complete 1000 international runs.
• 4: More wickets for Imran Tahir to be the first SA spinner to take 50 ODI wickets in SA.
• 191.00: David Miller’s batting average at Port Elizabeth. This is his highest average at a venue where he has played a minimum of 4 matches.
• 54: International centuries for Hashim Amla. If he scores one more, he will be the joint- 5th-most prolific century-maker in international cricket behind Tendulkar (100), Ponting (71), Sangakkara (63) & Kallis (62): He will be level with Virat Kohli on 55 international centuries.
• 335/6: Highest first innings score at this venue by PAK v SA in 2002.
• 330/7: Highest successful run chase by Australia against SA in 2002.
• 135: Highest individual score here at this venue is by Saleem Elahi (PAK) against SA in 2002.
Bhuvneshwar KumarHashim AmlaImran TahirIndia vs South AfricaMS DhoniSouth Africa vs India 2018virat kohli
First Published: February 13, 2018, 8:55 AM IST