Quick Links

    cricketnext

    News

    Three killed in LPG cylinder explosion at hotel

    MADURAI: Three persons were killed and three others injured when a Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder exploded in a fire that broke out in a hotel at Sattur on Friday.According to police, fire broke out in the kitchen of a hotel on Sattur Main Road on Friday morning. The fire suspected to have been caused by a leak in an LPG cylinder that was being unloaded in the kitchen later spread to the entire hotel. Other LPG cylinders kept in the hotels also burst. Even as the fire was being put out, the blaze destroyed a couple of godowns located nearby. Owner of the hotel Narayanan, and two workers, Muthiah and Neelakandan, were charred to death in the fire accident.Selvaraj (75) who was running a plastic articles shop at the entrance of the hotel, Vijayakumar (25), who brought the gas cylinder to the hotel, Palanichamy (56), another hotel worker sustained serious injuries. They were admitted to hospitals in Sivakasi and Madurai. Chinniah, officials inspected the accident spot. Sattur Town police have registered a case based on a complaint preferred by Selvaraj.As the hotel was located on a thoroughfare of Sattur, bus plying through the route were diverted through the by-pass road.