London: Paul Di Resta can look forward to racing against Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button as Britain's third driver in Formula One this season when a formal announcement is made on Wednesday.
Silverstone-based Force India said on Monday they were scheduling a news conference in Glasgow, the 24-year-old Scot's home town, to introduce one of their drivers.
No names were given but the location of the announcement, and indications from within the team, left little room for doubt.
Di Resta, a cousin of double Indy 500 winner Dario Franchitti, has been widely touted as one of the Mercedes-powered team's drivers after filling the role of reserve last year.
He enhanced his prospects by winning the German Touring Car (DTM) championship last year.
Germany's experienced Adrian Sutil is likely to be the team's other driver, although Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi has said he has a contract.
The team have also been talking to Germany's Nico Hulkenberg, the former Williams driver who looks likely to fill the reserve role vacated by Di Resta.
Former world champions Button and Hamilton, both with McLaren, were Britain's only race drivers on the grid last year.