Quick Links

Meet the players who will feature in their 6th ICC World T20

• Bangladesh skipper Mashrafe Mortaza made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe in 2006. His figures of 4/19 against Ireland are his best in this format. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)

• mushfiqur-Rahman-getty-750-ban

• Shakib Al Hasan, who is currently No. 2 in ICC Rankings for T20 allrounders, made his T20I debut along with Mortaza in 2006. Shakib has played all 18 of Bangladesh’s matches in the ICC WT20 competitions. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)

• Tamim Iqbal made his debut against Kenya in 2007.

• Mahmudullah made his T20I debut along with Tamim and is the first Bangladeshi batsman to score a century in an ODI World Cup.

• After making his T20I debut in the year 2006, MS Dhoni captained Team India to the ICC WT20 in 2007, ICC World Cup in 2011 and the ICC Champions Trophy crowns. So far no other wicket-keeper has captained in as many matches as Dhoni did.

• Termed as the HIT-MAN of the Indian team, Rohit Sharma made his T20I debut in 2007. Currently, he is India's leading run-scorer in the WT20 with 585 runs in 23 matches.

• Yuvraj Singh electrified the 2007 ICC WT20 by hitting six sixes in an over off Stuart Board against England in Durban. In that match, he reached his fifty in just 12 deliveries, still a world record.

• Dwayne Bravo, who made his T20I debut against New Zealand in 2006, was also part of the West Indies squad that won the 2012 ICC WT20 title. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)

• Chris Gayle's 117 against SA in the 2007 WT20 was his maiden century in T20s. His unbeaten 41-ball 75 helped Windies defeat Australia in the semis of 2012 edition. West Indies won the title that year after defeating Sri Lanka.(Photo Credit: Getty Images)

• Wicketkeeper-batsman Denesh Ramdin made his T20I debut in 2006 against New Zealand and and has featured in all WI squads for WT20.

• Nathan McCullum is New Zealand’s joint leading wicket-taker in WT20S with 20 scalps.

• Known for playing game-changing knocks, Ross Taylor will hope to be fit before NZ begin their campaign in WT20. Taylor was ruled out from New Zealand's home series against Australia after suffering a muscle tear. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)

• JP Duminy was the leading run-scorer for South Africa in the last edition. He is at No. 6 in ICC Rankings for T20 allrounders

• ab-de-villiers-getty-750

• Tillakaratne Dilshan is Sri Lanka's leading run-scorer in T20I format. He was named player of the tournament in the ICC WT20 in 2009

• Lasith Malinga, who stepped down as Sri Lanka's T20 skipper just before the 2016 WT20, is perhaps the best death bowler in limited-overs cricket. Malinga has taken more wickets in T20 format worldwide than anyone else

• The leading wicket-kater in T20Is, Shahid Afridi was named player of the tournament in 2007 WT20. He has also hit more sixes in all international cricket than any other batsman.

• Currently ranked No. 1 allrouner in ICC T20I Rankings, Shane Watson would want to sign off with a title Australia have never won.