19th JK Tyre-FMSCI National Racing Championship: Anindith and Vishnu are the New Champions
JK Tyre-FMSCI National Racing Championship in action (Image: JK Tyre Motorsport)
The 19th JK Tyre-FMSCI National Racing Championship came to a close on Sunday (November 20) with Anindith Reddy and Vishnu Prasad emerging as national champions in the Euro JK 16 and LGB Formula 4 categories at the Buddh International Circuit.
The final day had plenty of events lined up for the spectators, including a live concert, a series of stunts by world renowned Terry Grant and a racing bazaar. The champions graced the podium in front of about 20,000 plus spectators.
The father and son super biking duo of Gurvinder Singh and Simranjeet Singh had to settle for runners-up trophies despite winning their first races a day before.
Gurvinder slipped to fourth place in the JK 600cc to take the second position. In the JK 1000cc, Simranjeet tied with Sandesh P but yielded the title to him for coming behind him in the qualifying rounds. Deepak Ravikumar didn’t have any such problems, thanks to two podium finishes.
Vishnu and Anindith stormed across the finish line, winning both races on Saturday. Hyderabad’s Anindith started with 96 points on Sunday, with a handy 9 point lead. “I had a good start and managed to get ahead of the car in front of me right away. That made it easy for me,” he said.
He also clocked the fastest lap of the day, in the eighth, finishing the 5.1 km in just 2:01.411 minutes. Ananth Shanmugham and Nayan Chatterjee took second and the third places.
The LGB 4 too followed a similar script with Chennai’s Vishnu Prasad wrapping up the championship on Saturday itself. He had a 19-point lead going into Sunday, and zoomed his way past the chequered flag. He has been in prime form all through the season, taking virtually every round.
Euro JK 16:
- Anindita Reddy (96 points); 2. Ananth Shanmugham (101); 3. Nayan Chatterjee (96)
- Vishnu Prasad (96 points); 2. Raghul Rangasamy (75); 3. Saran Tmars (54)
- Sandesh P (27); 2. Simranjeet Singh (27); 3. Dilip Rogger
- Deepak Ravikumar (27); 2. Gurvinder Singh (24); 3. Vijay Singh (22)
Results from Sunday
Euro JK 16:
Race 1: 1. Anindith Reddy; 2. Nayan Chatterjee; 3. Akhil Rabindra
Race 2: 1. Anindith Reddy; 2. Akhil Rabindra; 3. Krishna Mahadik
- Vishnu Prasad; 2. Raghul Rangasamy; 3. Brayan Perera
JK Touring cars
- Deepak Chinnapa; 2. Rajaram C; 3. M Sivaramakrishnan
- Sandesh S; 2. Simranjeet Singh; 3. Aakash Rajshakha
- Deepak Ravikumar; 2. Vijay Singh; 3. Kulwant Singh
Recommended For You
- West Indies vs India 2017, Live Cricket Score: Dhawan, Rahane Start Well
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party
- Srikanth Beats Olympic Champion Chen Long to Win Fourth Superseries