2017 Ford GT to Be the Fastest One Yet
The supercar can reach a maximum speed of over 300 km/h, making it the fastest Ford production vehicle to date.
Ford GT. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
The all-new Ford GT offers the highest output of any EcoBoost production engine yet, the brand has announced. Thanks to its aerodynamic efficiency and advanced ‘active dynamics' providing optimum down force and drag, the supercar can reach a maximum speed of over 300 km/h, making it the fastest Ford production vehicle to date.
A power-to-weight ratio of 2.14 kg per horsepower in U.S. specification, combined with the most advanced active suspension system, also helps, and development tests in Canada last year saw the car outperform both the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 458 Speciale.
"We achieved considerable weight savings with the carbon fibre architecture," said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president, global product development and chief technical officer. "We then reinvested some of that savings into where it counts most – performance, specifically, the active dynamics. The result is an even faster car."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Boys Start Training With an Eye on Wanderers Pitch
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy: Yuvraj, Harbhajan Star in Punjab's Win
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- When Arijit Singh Attempted to Sing Nadaan Parindey and Failed Miserably
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More