2017 Ford GT to Be the Fastest One Yet
The supercar can reach a maximum speed of over 300 km/h, making it the fastest Ford production vehicle to date.
Ford GT. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
The all-new Ford GT offers the highest output of any EcoBoost production engine yet, the brand has announced. Thanks to its aerodynamic efficiency and advanced ‘active dynamics' providing optimum down force and drag, the supercar can reach a maximum speed of over 300 km/h, making it the fastest Ford production vehicle to date.
A power-to-weight ratio of 2.14 kg per horsepower in U.S. specification, combined with the most advanced active suspension system, also helps, and development tests in Canada last year saw the car outperform both the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 458 Speciale.
"We achieved considerable weight savings with the carbon fibre architecture," said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president, global product development and chief technical officer. "We then reinvested some of that savings into where it counts most – performance, specifically, the active dynamics. The result is an even faster car."
Recommended For You
- Sri Lanka Proving to Be India's Perfect Sparring Partner as Crucial Foreign Tours Beckon
- Padmavati Row: Shabana Azmi Urges Film Industry to 'Boycott IFFI as a Protest Against the Threats to Deepika, Bhansali'
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- French Wine County Introduces Beef That'll Taste of Burgundy
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola to Fight Against Pollution in Delhi-NCR