Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki unveils Ciaz sedan crossover, SX4 S-Cross concept models
The concept Ciaz, when launched, will compete with the likes of Honda City and Hyundai Verna in the C segment sedans.
Greater Noida: India's car market leader Maruti Suzuki India unveiled two concept models - sedan Ciaz and crossover SX4 S-Cross - as it looks to enhance its position in the bigger sedan segment going forward.
Amid a slowdown in the market, the company said it was looking to achieve sales it had in last fiscal year in 2013-14.
"The SX4 S-Cross and Ciaz are models to expand our product range in future," Maruti Suzuki India Managing Director and CEO Kenichi Ayukawa told reporters here at the Auto Expo.
Expressing optimism about the Indian market, he said in the last 30 years since its inception, MSI has sold 12 million vehicles but it covered only one per cent of the country. "We have the other 99 per cent to cover," Ayukawa said.
Commenting on the importance of the two new concepts unveiled here, Suzuki Motor Corporation Executive Vice President T Suzuki said: "In 2004, we had the first global model launch of Swift and these two are in line with that...The two cars we are unveiling today are aimed to meet the growing demand of sedans in India, China and elsewhere."
He said since 1955, Suzuki has sold 50 million vehicles.
Commenting on the sales prospects for this year, Ayukawa said: "The automobile market in India is on a slowdown. Our effort is to achieve sales of last (fiscal) year in this year."
The company had registered sales of around 10.6 lakh units in the domestic market in 2012-13.
The concept Ciaz, as and when it hits the market will compete with the likes of Honda City and Hyundai Verna in the C segment sedans.
Apart from the two concepts, MSI is displaying 14 different models, including variants of existing models such as Swift, Alto, Ritz, Ertiga and Dzire.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18