BMW Motorrad Unveils K 1600 B High-Performance Tourer
BMW K 1600 B. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
A new high-performance touring motorcycle that references American bagger style design has been unveiled by German manufacturer BMW Motorrad.
Based on a previous 6-cylinder sports tourer, the K 1600 GT, the K 1600 B incorporates a completely remodelled rear section, a lowered passenger seat, and effective wind and weather protection among its features, BMW said in a statement.
Electronic suspension, assists for reverse gear as well as up and down shifts, fixed side cases and a folding rear mudguard are also included.
The Shift Assist Pro means that riders can shift up and down without using the clutch in most cases; an Intelligent Emergency Call option for Europe ensures "the fastest possible assistance in the event of an accident or in situations of emergency and danger can save people's lives – something that particularly affects motorcyclists," BMW advises.
The 6-cylinder engine delivers 160 horsepower at 7,750 RPM, with a maximum torque of 178 Nm at 2,250 RPM.
Price and date for the K 1600 B have not yet been announced.
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?