BMW Motorrad Unveils K 1600 B High-Performance Tourer
Powered by a 6-cylinder engine, it develops 160 horsepower and 178 Nm of torque.
BMW K 1600 B. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
A new high-performance touring motorcycle that references American bagger style design has been unveiled by German manufacturer BMW Motorrad.
Based on a previous 6-cylinder sports tourer, the K 1600 GT, the K 1600 B incorporates a completely remodelled rear section, a lowered passenger seat, and effective wind and weather protection among its features, BMW said in a statement.
Electronic suspension, assists for reverse gear as well as up and down shifts, fixed side cases and a folding rear mudguard are also included.
The Shift Assist Pro means that riders can shift up and down without using the clutch in most cases; an Intelligent Emergency Call option for Europe ensures "the fastest possible assistance in the event of an accident or in situations of emergency and danger can save people's lives – something that particularly affects motorcyclists," BMW advises.
The 6-cylinder engine delivers 160 horsepower at 7,750 RPM, with a maximum torque of 178 Nm at 2,250 RPM.
Price and date for the K 1600 B have not yet been announced.
Recommended For You
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift Official Bookings Open for Rs 11,000
- Man Wears 'All' His Clothes To Avoid Baggage Fee, Gets Barred From 2 Flights
- India Set to Play Sri Lanka Again; This Time in T20I Tri-Series With Bangladesh
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks Spectacular As A Bride In This Viral Post; See Pics
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods