DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
BMW to launch i3 electric car in India in 2014
The car which is powered by a 125kw motor run by lithium-ion batteries has a range of about 150km on a single charge.
BMW will launch the electric i3 in India next year. The car which is powered by a 125kw motor run by lithium-ion batteries has a range of about 150km on a single charge. The i3 is also the first car to roll out under BMW's new sub-brand BMW i. BMW i has been created specifically for vehicles that will use electricity for propulsion in some form or the other.
The i8, a sports car that will use both an internal combustion engine and electric motors to power the car, will be next in line. The i8 too will come to India at a later stage. Both the i3 and the i8 will come to India as completely built units.
The i3, which measures less than 4m in length, uses carbon fibre reinforced polymer or CFRP for the body shell that sits on an all aluminium rolling chassis. The car weighs less than 1200kg and has a top speed of 150kmph.
To read more visit: www.overdrive.in
Recommended For You
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances