BMW to Raise Production Capacity to 3 Million Cars by 2020
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars.
BMW logo. (Photo: Reuters)
German luxury carmaker BMW Group will raise its annual production capacity to 3 million cars by 2020 and plans to build its X5 offroader in China, German daily Handelsblatt said, citing company sources familiar with the plans.
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars, Handelsblatt said.
In North America and Mexico, production capacity will be increased to 750,000 vehicles from 410,000, the paper said, adding that BMW brand wants to overtake rival Mercedes-Benz, which is owned by Daimler, to reclaim the volume sales crown for premium carmakers.
BMW declined to comment on the Handelsblatt report.
Recommended For You
- New World No.1 Federer Wins Rotterdam for 97th Title
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Exudes Elegance in this Traditional Outfit; See Pics
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes
- Black Panther Review: It Proves Marvel Can Make Movies With Conscience Sans Wry Humour
- Petra Kvitova Knocks Out Wozniacki to Set Up Qatar Final With Muguruza