BMW to Raise Production Capacity to 3 Million Cars by 2020
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars.
BMW logo. (Photo: Reuters)
German luxury carmaker BMW Group will raise its annual production capacity to 3 million cars by 2020 and plans to build its X5 offroader in China, German daily Handelsblatt said, citing company sources familiar with the plans.
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars, Handelsblatt said.
In North America and Mexico, production capacity will be increased to 750,000 vehicles from 410,000, the paper said, adding that BMW brand wants to overtake rival Mercedes-Benz, which is owned by Daimler, to reclaim the volume sales crown for premium carmakers.
BMW declined to comment on the Handelsblatt report.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Launches Baleno Alpha CVT For Rs 8.34 Lakhs
- Check Out The Trailer of Jab Harry Met Sejal
- I Never Call The Paparazzi, They Just Turn Up: Sonam Kapoor on Airport Looks
- ICC Women's World Cup 2017: India's Road to the Final
- Pahlaj Nihalani Explains The Need To Cut Words In Amartya Sen Documentary