BMW to Raise Production Capacity to 3 Million Cars by 2020
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars.
BMW logo. (Photo: Reuters)
German luxury carmaker BMW Group will raise its annual production capacity to 3 million cars by 2020 and plans to build its X5 offroader in China, German daily Handelsblatt said, citing company sources familiar with the plans.
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars, Handelsblatt said.
In North America and Mexico, production capacity will be increased to 750,000 vehicles from 410,000, the paper said, adding that BMW brand wants to overtake rival Mercedes-Benz, which is owned by Daimler, to reclaim the volume sales crown for premium carmakers.
BMW declined to comment on the Handelsblatt report.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition Launched for Rs 5.44 Lakh
- News18.com Announces The Jury Members For Its Annual Tech & Auto Awards
- The Crown Season 2: Masaba, Swara Brighten Netflix Show's Global Premiere in London
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown