BMW to Upgrade Electric Car i3 in 2017
BMW to launch a newer version of i3. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
German luxury carmaker BMW plans to launch a new version of its i3 electric car next year with a longer range and revamped design, German weekly Welt am Sonntag reported, citing company sources.
BMW will rework the front and rear of the i3 and equip the car with a new battery to increase its range substantially beyond the current 300 km maximum, the paper said, adding that the increase would be below 50 percent.
BMW has been torn about whether to accelerate development of new electric cars given its expensive early investment has only resulted in lacklustre sales, with 25,000 i3s delivered last year.
To help improve sales, BMW has already increased the battery range of its i3 city car by 50 percent this year.
BMW was not immediately available for comment on the newspaper report.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Johnson Takes Jibe at Kohli, Says Rahane Should Remain Captain
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?