Can The Electric Vespa Elettrica Create The Same Buzz As The Original?
The Vespa Elettrica will retain the existing bike's lines, proportions and, crucially, its ease of use.
Vespa Elettrica Concept. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
Seventy years after the original scooter mobilised Italy in style, the iconic Vespa is getting ready to move with the times.
Set to be unveiled in concept form at the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan on Thursday, the Vespa Elettrica will retain the existing bike's lines, proportions and, crucially, its ease of use.
However, according to the Piaggio Group (custodians of the Vespa brand), it will also boast the latest in connectivity and other two-wheel high-tech innovations. What exactly these innovations will be are yet to be finalised. Likewise, the company has given no indication of the bike's battery size, potential range or other performance data.
But seeing as this is merely a concept and that the production version of the Vespa won't be ready to meet its environmentally-minded public until the second half of 2017, all of these features are clearly still in flux.
Recommended For You
- These 57 Phones Are Expected to Get Google Android 8.0 Oreo Update Soon
- All-New Hyundai Verna 2017 – Top 5 Things to Know – Price, Variants & More
- Rohit Sharma Needs Some Magic to Break His Sri Lanka Jinx
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz Music Review: A More Laidback Soundtrack Than Expected
- I Don't Wish to Die and Abandon my Mother