Eco-Dubai 1: A car that goes 1,000 km with just a litre of fuel
The lightweight vehicle - named Eco-Dubai 1 - is in its final stage of construction and will begin testing in the next two weeks.
Abu Dhabi: A team of engineering students in the UAE have designed a car that could potentially travel up to 1,000 km on just one litre of fuel. The lightweight vehicle - named Eco-Dubai 1 - is in its final stage of construction and will begin testing in the next two weeks.
The product of almost two years of work by students at the Higher Colleges of Technology Dubai Men's College, the vehicle is half a metre wide, two metres long and half a metre high and weighs about 25 kg.
It will enter a race in July against similarly designed cars from around the world, including four other vehicles produced in the UAE. Ahmad Khamis Al Suwaidi, one of the students behind the car, said: "Petrol is not going to last forever. One day we're going to run out. So in terms of developing a local eco-car industry, it starts with us. We're the future of the UAE in this."
The students will put their creation to the test at Shell's Eco-Marathon to be held July 4-7 in Kuala Lumpur. The competition is based on designing a car that can travel the farthest on just one litre of fuel.
Students are allowed to use electricity, solar or hybrid technologies to reach their goal. The record for the longest distance travelled is held by students from France's Polytech Nantes University, who designed a car that travelled almost 4,900 km.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades
- Passengers at Patna Railway Station Use Free Wi-Fi to Search Porn Sites
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan