Elon Musk to Announce Two Surprise Tesla Motor Innovations This Month
Elon Musk is to present a Tesla model on October 17, 2016. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
Elon Musk is decidedly firing on all cylinders. Having unveiled his program to send humans to Mars via his company SpaceX, he has now announced two new events at Tesla Motors: a new model to be presented on October 17, and a solar energy package in collaboration with SolarCity on October 28, 2016.
For the first event on Monday, October 17, Tesla Motors CEO has promised to unveil an unexpected model. So there is little chance that the announcement will be about the Model 3, a compact and affordable sedan that was unveiled in March 2016 but which will not be delivered before late 2017 in the USA and not before 2018 in Europe. What is imaginable is that the announcement could concern a crossover version of this sedan that would be cheaper and perhaps less spectacular than the current Model X, the American brand's high-end SUV with a starting price of $74,000. If the new vehicle is named Model Y, the future acronym for the Tesla range will be S3XY.
Not quite so much mystery surrounds the joint conference planned by Tesla and energy services specialist SolarCity to be held on Friday, October, 28. The two companies, both of which belong to Elon Musk, are expected to unveil a mass-market residential solar energy system, that includes a Powerwall battery and a Tesla charger. The Powerwall “home battery” was first launched in 2015.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: The Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action