Faraday Future Crossover Will Be A Worthy Tesla Model X Rival
(Image: Siddhartha Sharma/News18.com)
New American car maker Faraday Future has cautiously lifted the lid on its first all-electric and connected crossover, due to be unveiled at the CES technology show, which runs January 5 to 8, 2017, in Las Vegas.
Beyond the mysterious video teasers that the brand has released online, rumors point to a 100% electric vehicle that's fully connected, more customizable than ever, and with a guaranteed range of at least 500km (311 miles).
It's as yet unclear whether the vehicle will also be fully or partially autonomous. The manufacturer has already admitted it's working in the field and has even been granted permission to carry out real-world testing on public roads in California.
Faraday Future has also partnered with Chinese firm LeEco, which manufactures electronic devices (smartphones, TV, etc.) and has previously built a fully autonomous concept car called LeSEE. The two firms could pool resources to create a 100% electric autonomous vehicle at some point in the future.
The car market's present reference when it comes to all-electric SUVs is the semi-autonomous Tesla Model X, notably in its P100D version, which boasts 0 to 100km/h (0-62mph) acceleration in 3.1 seconds and a range of 542km (337 miles).
Faraday Future burst onto the scene early in 2016, again at CES, causing a sensation with the spectacular FFZERO1 concept vehicle, a 1,000hp single-seater with a top speed of 320km/h (199mph).
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action