DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to Recall 1.25 Million Trucks Over Software Error
An assembly line with 2014 Ram 1500 pickup trucks is seen at the Warren Truck Plant in Warren (Image: Reuters)
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV said Friday it is recalling more than 1.25 million trucks worldwide to address a software error linked to reports of one crash death and two injuries.
The Italian-American automaker said it will reprogram computer modules because an error code could temporarily disable side air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner deployment during a vehicle rollover if the vehicle were subjected to a significant underbody impact.
The recall covers about 1 million 2013-16 Ram 1500 and 2500 pickups, and 2014-2016 Ram 3500 pickups in the United States, 216,007 vehicles in Canada; 21,668 in Mexico; and 21,530 outside North America, the automaker said.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017