Ford EcoSport launched in India at Rs 5.59 lakh, gets 10 variants
The entry-level model for Ford's Urban SUV, the 1.5 TiVCT Ambiente is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine from the Fiesta sedan.
New Delhi: It has taken Ford the longest time to launch the EcoSport, but given its starting price of Rs 5.59 lakh, it certainly seems worth the wait. The entry-level model for Ford's Urban SUV, the 1.5 TiVCT Ambiente is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine from the Fiesta sedan. It makes 112PS of power and is coupled to a 5-speed manual. This petrol version is also available in Trend and Titanium trims. The latter can also be bought with an automatic transmission, which is also the only EcoSport version to get electronic stability control. The Titanium AT is priced at Rs 8.4lakh.
The EcoSport comes with a diesel engine as well. The 1.5-litre common rail diesel develops a max power output of 91PS and a peak torque of 204Nm, and is only available with a 5-speed manual. Like the 1.5 petrol, the diesel too can be bought in three trim levels - Ambiente, Trend and Titanium with prices starting at Rs 6.69 lakh. Ford also has a Titanium options pack for the diesel which gets leather seats, smart keyless entry and a push button start over the Titanium model.
The most talked about engine in the Ford EcoSport lineup though is the tiny but potent 1-litre EcoBoost petrol. This three cylinder engine makes 125PS of max power and 170Nm of max torque. The engine manages this thanks to turbocharging and direct petrol injection. Ford is positioning the EcoBoost as the flagship and has therefore launched the EcoBoost powered EcoSport only in the top trim levels. The Titanium version is priced at Rs 7.89 lakh. Deliveries start from today.
Ford EcoSport Pricing ex-Delhi
1.5L TiVCT Ambiente: Rs 5.59 lakh
1.5L TiVCT Trend: Rs 6.49 lakh
1.5L TiVCT Titanium: Rs 7.5 lakh
1.5L TiVCT Titanium AT: Rs 8.44 lakh
1.5L TDCi Ambiente: Rs 6.69 lakh
1.5L TDCi Trend: Rs 7.6 lakh
1.5L TDCi Titanium: Rs 8.6 lakh
1.5L TDCi Titanium (O): Rs 8.99 lakh
1.0L EcoBoost Titanium: Rs 7.89 lakh
1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O) Rs 8.28 lakh
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump