GM To Offer Discount On Buick Velite In China
The carmaker said it would offer the "new energy vehicle" subsidy due to uncertainty over Chinese government subsidies for such vehicles.
General Motors Co would offer a 36,000 Yuan ($5,233) discount to Chinese buyers on its Buick Velite (Photo: Reuters)
General Motors Co said on Tuesday it would offer a 36,000 Yuan ($5,233) discount to Chinese buyers on its Buick Velite plug-in hybrid car when it goes on sale in the country later this year.
The carmaker said it would offer the "new energy vehicle" subsidy due to uncertainty over Chinese government subsidies for such vehicles. The Velite gets power from an electric battery system that is recharged using a small gasoline engine.
According to the Green Car report, the Velite concept car reflects a new vehicle using Volt underpinnings or the Velite name will be applied to the existing Volt.
A production version of the Velite would likely use the same powertrain as the Volt, which includes a 1.5-liter 4-cylinder gasoline engine and a T-shaped, 18.4-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack.
GM's Buick brand made the announcement at an event ahead of the Shanghai auto show that opens later this week.
Recommended For You
- ICC ODI Rankings Top Spot Beckons Virat Kohli & Co in Kolkata
- UM Commando Classic and Mojave First Ride Review: Royal Enfield Rival, Finally?
- Kuldeep Yadav Feels He Can Dismiss David Warner 'Anytime'
- HP Spectre x360 Review: The Finest Convertible From HP [With Video]
- MS Dhoni and I Have Moved On: Julie 2 Actor Opens Up About Her Past Affair