Honda Fit EV claims 47 kilometres per litre
Honda says that the Enivronmental Protection Agency has certified it as the most fuel efficient vehicle.
Mumbai: Honda says that North America's Enivronmental Protection Agency (EPA) has certified it as the most fuel efficient vehicle that they have tested.
Honda says that this exceptional 47 kmpl efficiency is a result of the aerodynamics and its small but powerful battery.
The Fit EV's 123PS coaxial electric motor develops 255Nm of torque and is mated to a driver-selectable 3-mode electric drive system which is essentially derived from the CR-Z Sport Hybrid.
Additionally, the Fit EV's battery can be charged in less than three hours when connected to a 240-volt circuit.
The Fit EV's 20-kWh lithium-ion battery claims to deliver a range of 131km, which surpasses the previous record holder, the Ford Focus electric (121.6km).
Honda will start leases in select California and Oregon markets this summer, followed by an East Coast rollout in 2013.
Recommended For You
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Paes-Hingis Ease Into Mixed Doubles Quarters
- Koffee With Karan: 10 Times Priyanka Proved She's Still a Desi Girl at Heart
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More