Hyundai to launch all new Santro, pull back Getz
The revised version of the Santro will be available on September 1.
New Delhi: Hyundai India Motor on Friday said it will phase out its premium hatchback Getz by 2011 but launch a revised version of Santro next month.
"The Getz will be phased out in two years," said Company Managing Director and Chief Executive, H S Lheem at the annual convention of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)
"We will launch a revised version of the Santro on September 1, and an 800 cc car in a few years,"said Lheem.
Maintaining that Hyundai hoped to sell about 5.5 lakh units, including exports, this fiscal, he said, "We expect to export about 2.7 lakh vehicles and about 2.8 lakh in the domestic market."
Lheem said the company will shift the production of its i-20 model for export purposes to Europe mid-next year due to logistical reasons. The company expects better sales in the upcoming festive season.
"We expect to sell around 40,000 i-20s this year," Lheem said.
Hyundai will also ramp up its production from two shifts to three, which will increase the capacity from 2,000 units a day to about 2,500 units, from September 14.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone