Indian Domestic Car Sales up 15% in September, Motorcycles Sales up by 16%
Total sales of vehicles across categories registered an increase of 20.16 percent to 22,60,992 units in September.
For representational purpose. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
Domestic passenger car sales rose 15.14 percent to 1,95,259 units in September, from 1,69,590 in the same month last year.
Total passenger vehicle sales were up 19.92 percent at 2,78,428 units in September, as against 2,32,170 a year ago. According to figures released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), motorcycle sales in the country grew 16.33 percent during the month to 11,86,770 units, from 10,20,204 in the corresponding month last year.
Total two-wheeler sales moved up 21.59 percent to 18,68,993 units last month, from 15,37,104 in September 2015. Sales of commercial vehicles, however, declined by 1.95 percent to 61,621 units in the month under review, from 62,845 in the year-ago period, SIAM said.
Total sales of vehicles across categories registered an increase of 20.16 percent to 22,60,992 units in September as against 18,81,643 units in the year-earlier month, it added.
Recommended For You
- Neymar Angered By Questions Related to Transfer to Real Madrid
- India vs Sri Lanka: Lakmal Ready to Trouble Hosts Again In Nagpur
- Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: All You Need To Know About The Newlywed's Wedding Reception Invitation Card
- Sonam Kapoor Makes a Splash at an Event with a Colorful Fashion Ensemble; See Pic
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows