Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
The Jeep Compass will be manufactured at FCA’s Ranjangaon facility, near Pune.
Jeep Compass. (Photo: Jeep India)
Jeep has finally unveiled the much-awaited C-segment SUV – Compass, which will have its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.
Interestingly, the car will be produced with 17 fuel-efficient powertrain options for consumers in more than 100 countries around the world. India would be a key market for the American automaker as the car will be manufactured at FCA’s Ranjangaon facility. What this means is when the car gets launched in the country in 2017, it could be competitively priced SUV. As of now, the expected price is somewhere around Rs 20 lakh mark.
The unveil has been done in celebration of the start of production at FCA’s Jeep Assembly Plant in Goiana, Pernambuco in Brazil.
Jeep Compass from the back. (Photo: Jeep India)
In terms of looks, the car looks similar to its elder sibling – the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which was recently launched in India, along with its SRT variant and the Wrangler Unlimited.
More details about Jeep's latest product will be announced at the LA Auto Show. Watch this space for updates.
Recommended For You
- Bose Dead/Alive: Rajkummar Rao, Makers Hope to Change Entertainment with the Web-Series
- Manushi Chhillar's Outfit Will Go Down In The Archives As Our Legacy, Say Designers Falguni-Shane
- AbRam Khan Thinks that Amitabh Bachchan is Shah Rukh's Father
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown