KTM 690 Duke to be launched in India by 2015
The 690 Duke, while staying true to the Duke lineage, stands out among other Dukes thanks to the use of a proper side slung exhaust.
The launch of the 200 Duke and then the 390 Duke in India has proven to be a winning move by the Bajaj-KTM alliance, and they are not finished yet. At a recent press conference held in New Delhi, KTM CEO Stefan Pierer said that the Austrian manufacturer is considering the naked 690 Duke for India by 2015.
At the event, Pierer also reiterated KTM's plans to bring the Husqvarna brand to India, with production starting at Bajaj Auto Limited's Chakan plant within the next two years.
Currently KTM manufactures the 125 (not sold here), 200 and 390 Duke in India and also exports them. It has already announced plans to launch the RC series in India next year.
The 690 Duke boasts a single-cylinder 690cc liquid cooled engine. This particular engine makes nearly 70PS (68 to be exact). A 6-speed transmission, a standard with all the KTMs, helps transmit this power to the rear wheel.
This combined with 149.5kg dry weight makes this another one of those pocket rockets that KTM is well known for. 320mm/240mm front/rear discs handle braking with standard Bosch ABS keeping things safe when you are trying to have some fun.
To read more visit: www.overdrive.in
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology