Mahindra Sales Up 1.21 Percent at 52,008 Units in October
Mahindra e2oPlus. (Photo Courtesy: Mahindra e2oPlus)
Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra has reported 1.21 percent increase in total sales at 52,008 units in October. The company had sold 51,383 units in the same month last year, M&M statement said.
In the domestic market, sales were marginally down at 48,729 units last month as compared with 48,815 in October 2015, it added. Exports during the month grew by 27.68 per cent to 3,279 units as against 2,568 units in October last year, the company said.
Sales of passenger vehicles, including Scorpio, XUV500, Xylo, Bolero and Verito, were up 2.81 percent to 24,737 units as compared to 24,060 units in the same month last year. Commercial vehicle sales were down 3.71 percent to 18,059 units in October as against 18,756 units in the year-ago period, M&M said.
Commenting on the sales performance, M&M Chief Executive (auto division) Pravin Shah said: "The festive season has brought some cheer for the automotive industry with improved sentiments, on the back of a near normal monsoon, a rural surge in demand and some new vehicle launches."
Some of the company's popular brands such as the Bolero, Scorpio, TUV300 and the Pickups have performed well, he added.
Recommended For You
- West Indies vs India 2017, Live Cricket Score: Dhawan, Rahane Start Well
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- SRK Completes 25 Years in Bollywood, Thanks Fans For 'Bearing' Him
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party