Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai Sell Over 45,000 Cars on Dhanteras
Hyundai Creta. (Photo Courtesy: Hyundai India)
The country's top two carmakers Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai have said that they sold over 45,000 units on Dhanteras. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's deliveries on Dhanteras is expected to be around 30,000 vehicles, a company official said.
"This is around 20 percent more than last year," the official added.
Likewise, Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) also reported good sales on Dhanteras, considered auspicious for making new purchases.
"This Dhanteras, the customers have done heightened purchases with deliveries of 15,153 Hyundai cars, a growth of 26 percent over last year," HMIL Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava told PTI. He further said: "We expect to have 50,000-plus deliveries for the full month, making this festival season as the best in the last couple of years."
Good monsoons, better consumer sentiments and 7th Pay Commission award have fuelled demand for automobiles.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Antalya Open: Ramkumar Stuns World Number 8 Thiem to Enter Quarters
- Ivanka Trump Fashion Choices: 12 Times Trump's Daughter Made Headlines
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More