Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai Sell Over 45,000 Cars on Dhanteras
Hyundai Creta. (Photo Courtesy: Hyundai India)
The country's top two carmakers Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai have said that they sold over 45,000 units on Dhanteras. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's deliveries on Dhanteras is expected to be around 30,000 vehicles, a company official said.
"This is around 20 percent more than last year," the official added.
Likewise, Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) also reported good sales on Dhanteras, considered auspicious for making new purchases.
"This Dhanteras, the customers have done heightened purchases with deliveries of 15,153 Hyundai cars, a growth of 26 percent over last year," HMIL Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava told PTI. He further said: "We expect to have 50,000-plus deliveries for the full month, making this festival season as the best in the last couple of years."
Good monsoons, better consumer sentiments and 7th Pay Commission award have fuelled demand for automobiles.
Recommended For You
- Find Out Why Steven Smith Tapes His Shoe Lace to His Socks
- CBFC Cancels TV Broadcast of The Danish Girl Due Its 'Sensitive Storyline'
- Baahubali Has Beaten the Magic Created by Mughal-e-Azam on Screen: Karan Johar
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Shadab Khan Bowls Most Economical 4-Over Spell On T20I Debut