Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai Sell Over 45,000 Cars on Dhanteras
Hyundai Creta. (Photo Courtesy: Hyundai India)
The country's top two carmakers Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai have said that they sold over 45,000 units on Dhanteras. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd's deliveries on Dhanteras is expected to be around 30,000 vehicles, a company official said.
"This is around 20 percent more than last year," the official added.
Likewise, Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) also reported good sales on Dhanteras, considered auspicious for making new purchases.
"This Dhanteras, the customers have done heightened purchases with deliveries of 15,153 Hyundai cars, a growth of 26 percent over last year," HMIL Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava told PTI. He further said: "We expect to have 50,000-plus deliveries for the full month, making this festival season as the best in the last couple of years."
Good monsoons, better consumer sentiments and 7th Pay Commission award have fuelled demand for automobiles.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Ready to Sell his Pyjama to Buy MS Dhoni in IPL 2018
- LG G6 First Impressions Review: The V20 Facelift Seems Unconvincing
- PCB Taking Legal Recourse Against BCCI: Najam Sethi
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival