New Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Facelift to be Launched in April 2017
New Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 2017 (Image: Maruti Suzuki)
After Vitara Brezza's launch recently, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) are planning to roll into the new year with a bang. Along with many other products due for launch is the all new Ciaz. A latest report suggests that the new Ciaz facelift will arrive in the Indian market in April 2017.
The new Ciaz may have a sunroof, of course reserved for the top range models. It will have plenty of cosmetic upgrades and added features. While there will not many changes in terms of performance in the diesel variant, the new Ciaz will definitely be more of a premium vehicle.
The petrol version could get an upgrade, giving it more power. The Ciaz stands to give a serious competition to Honda City facelift and new Hyundai Verna.
Maruti have not yet specified the launch date, however it will arrive in April 2017. The new Ciaz is expected to be priced at Rs 9 lakh for the base model, and the top model will cost one Rs 11.50 lakh.
The diesel variant will be powered by 1.3-litre DDiS 200 SHVS engine that churns out 88.5bhp @ 4000rpm, and gives maximum torque of 200Nm @ 1750rpm. The petrol version has a 1.5-litre M15 engine and generates maximum power 100bhp @ 5900rpm and maximum torque of 133Nm @ 4000rpm.
It will have 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic transmission.
The saloon may receive several new comfort and safety upgrades. Though, features like SmartPlay touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, reverse parking camera, push start and stop, leather seats and navigation system will be carried forward from the current model.
Recommended For You
- TRANS-TASMAN RIVALRYAustralia Vs New Zealand, 1st ODI, Live Score: Kiwis Need 325 to Win
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- HEARTBROKENReal Madrid Equaliser a "Jug of Cold Water" For Barcelona's Luis Enrique
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding