Maruti Suzuki Cumulative Exports Cross 15 Lakh Vehicles
Maruti Suzuki India Limited, announced that they have attained cumulative exports of 15 lakh (1.5 Million) vehicles. These vehicles have been exported to over 100 countries including Europe, Latin America and Africa. Early this year, the Company’s premium hatchback Baleno, manufactured exclusively in India, became the first car to be exported from India to Japan.
The Company started exports to Europe in 1987-88, when a small number of cars were sent to Hungary. Thereafter, exports have grown at a steady pace, as new models and markets were added from time to time. Although exports business is inherently subject to economic and policy changes in the destination countries, the Company has been able to maintain an upward trend in exports over the years.
In 2015-16, the top five exported models for the Company were: Alto, Swift, Celerio, Baleno and Ciaz. Among destinations, Sri Lanka, Chile, Philippines, Peru and Bolivia emerged as the top markets for Maruti Suzuki export models. The newly launched light commercial vehicle, Super Carry, is also exported to South Africa and Tanzania and will be exported to SAARC countries in the future.
Recommended For You
- India Lose 2-3 Against Malaysia, Crash Out of HWL
- Ireland, Afghanistan Awarded Test Match Status by ICC
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Ahead of Tubelight Release, Know More About Salman Khan’s Biggest Hits
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats