Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm set to kickoff on February 18
Started with few aspirants' in 2002, the rally has become one of the most sought after motorsport events.
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki Desert Strom - the annual rendezvous with the Thar desert is all set begin from February 18 with over 275 motor enthusiasts participating in a riveting race.
Spread over six days, rallying through interiors of Rajasthan and its deserts, the 11th edition of the Desert Storm will make it an ultimate test of grit and glory for the participants competing four wheeler, two wheeler and motoquad categories.
The rally - to be flagged off from the capital will traverse through the tough and undulating terrains of Bikaner, Chattargarh, Jaisalmer, Pokharn Gajnaur, Lakshmangarh, etc., and cover a total distance of 2500 kms. This year, Maruti Suzuki Desert Strom has five competitive legs out of which two are night stages.
From a humble beginning with few aspirants' in 2002, the rally has become one of the most sought after motorsport events in the country.
Depending on the experience and endurance levels, the rally has been split into 3 categories XTREME, XPLORE and NDURE to test the nerve and grit of all participants and their machines. The rally will culminate at Jaipur on February 23.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock