Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm set to kickoff on February 18
Started with few aspirants' in 2002, the rally has become one of the most sought after motorsport events.
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki Desert Strom - the annual rendezvous with the Thar desert is all set begin from February 18 with over 275 motor enthusiasts participating in a riveting race.
Spread over six days, rallying through interiors of Rajasthan and its deserts, the 11th edition of the Desert Storm will make it an ultimate test of grit and glory for the participants competing four wheeler, two wheeler and motoquad categories.
The rally - to be flagged off from the capital will traverse through the tough and undulating terrains of Bikaner, Chattargarh, Jaisalmer, Pokharn Gajnaur, Lakshmangarh, etc., and cover a total distance of 2500 kms. This year, Maruti Suzuki Desert Strom has five competitive legs out of which two are night stages.
From a humble beginning with few aspirants' in 2002, the rally has become one of the most sought after motorsport events in the country.
Depending on the experience and endurance levels, the rally has been split into 3 categories XTREME, XPLORE and NDURE to test the nerve and grit of all participants and their machines. The rally will culminate at Jaipur on February 23.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology