Mercedes-Benz Launches the 'Made in India' GLC at Rs 47.90 Lakh
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations, Mercedes-Benz India with 'Made in India' GLC. (Image: Mercedes-Benz India)
Mercedes-Benz added the ninth product to its local production portfolio in India by rolling out the GLC SUV from its assembly line. The GLC was rolled out of its assembly line by Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations, Mercedes-Benz India.
The locally produced GLC is launched in three variants GLC 220 d 4MATIC Style, GLC 220 d 4MATIC Sport and GLC 300 4MATIC Sport. Mercedes-Benz has started the local production within just four months of the GLC India debut in June, 2016.
The GLC is pitted against the likes of Audi Q5 and the BMW X3 in India. It’s positioned over the baby SUV, GLA by Mercedes-Benz in India. The GLC's diesel engine mill is the same engine that powers the C-Class by the company. The 2143cc diesel engine produces 170hp at @3000-4200 rpm and 400nm of torque @1400-2800 rpm. It is also capable of doing a 0-100 km/h dash in just 8.3 seconds with a top speed of 210 Km/h.
The 1991cc petrol engine option of the GLC has a power output of 245hp and offers 370nm of torque. It’s also faster when it comes to 0-100 km/h acceleration which it achieves in just 6.5 seconds. The top speed of the petrol variant is 222 km/h.
Both the versions are mated to a 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission that’s smooth and offer 5 different driving modes; Comfort, ECO, Sport, Sport+ and Individual. In addition, the GLC can handle off-road conditions as it comes equipped with three off-road modes
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video