Mercedes-Benz to Launch Made in India GLC on 29 September
Mercedes-Benz GLC. (Photo: Mercedes-Benz)
Following the successful introduction of the GLC in India, Mercedes-Benz is all set to roll-out the ‘Made in India GLC’, within four months of its India debut. The ‘Made in India GLC’ will be rolled-out of the Pune production facility by Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations, Mercedes-Benz India, on 29th September, 2016 at Mercedes-Benz India.
The GLC right now comes at a starting price tag of Rs 50.7 lakh for petrol and Rs 50.9 lakh for diesel variant (all prices ex-showroom, Pune). The car faces competition with the likes of BMW X3 and Audi Q5, and sits between the entry-level SUV by Mercedes called GLA and the comparatively higher priced GLE, which according to the German automaker, is the best-selling SUV sold by them in the country.
The GLC also comes equipped with a 9-speed automatic transmission and comes with two engine options - a 2143cc diesel engine that produces 170 horsepower and 400 Nm of torque, and a 1991cc petrol engine that can put out 245 horsepower and 370 Nm of torque. There are five driving modes on offer too in the form of Comfort, ECO, Sport, Sport+ and Individual, which alter the engine and suspension response based on the selected mode. To tackle the off-road terrains, it comes loaded with three different off-road modes as well.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan