M&M to launch Verito Vibe next month to take on Honda's Amaze
It will be powered by a 1.5 litre diesel engine and will qualify for the excise duty benefit, enjoyed by small cars in India.
New Delhi: Mahindra & Mahindra will launch its sub-four metre sedan Verito Vibe next month to take on the likes of Maruti Suzuki's Dzire and Honda's newly introduced model Amaze.
"The Verito Vibe marks our entry in the high volume sub 4 metre segment," Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd Chief Executive, Automotive Division Pravin Shah said in a statement.
The new model will be powered by a 1.5 litre diesel engine and will qualify for the excise duty benefit, enjoyed by small cars in India. At present, any car with a petrol engine capacity under 1,200 cc or diesel engine under 1,500 cc, but length shorter than four metres, attracts an excise
duty of 12 per cent.
"While developing this product we have paid particular attention to making this car look different and we are sure that it will appeal to customers with its young and sporty looks and that too without compromising the benefits which our existing Verito has to offer," Shah said.
The Verito Vibe is being directly pitched against Maruti Suzuki's Swift Dzire, which is priced between Rs 4.92 lakh and Rs 6.74 lakh for the petrol option and between Rs 5.99 lakh and Rs 7.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the diesel variant.
Honda Cars India launched Amaze with the diesel option costing between Rs 5.99 and Rs 7.60 lakh; the petrol version will be available at a price range of Rs 4.99 lakh to Rs 7.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18