New Hyundai Carlino Compact SUV Set to Launch in 2019
Mr Y K Koo, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd next to Hyundai Carlino Concept at Delhi Auto Expo 2016 (Image: Hyundai)
Hyundai showcased their smallest SUV concept called the Carlino at the Delhi Auto Expo 2016.
According to sources, Carlino's production version may be underway, and that the company aims to roll it in the market in 2019.
The QXi will sit below the Creta and will rival the popular Maruti Suzuki Brezza and Ford EcoSport. Its length is expected to be within four metres, which will result in lower excise duty. But if we talk about the new GST law, lower excise duty may no longer prevail, therefore Hyundai have scope to fiddle with the length.
It is not known yet how much of the Carlino's looks from the concept will remain in the production version. The concept has boxy styling cues which is quite a change for Hyundai, which so far stuck with Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 family design.
The compact SUV will come in both petrol and diesel engine options. The diesel variant will have the same 1.4 litre U2 CRDi unit that powers other Hyundais like the Creta. The petrol version will have a 1.0 litre turbo engine.
Hyundai have not revealed the pricing yet, however as with other cars by the brand, one can expect it to be priced competitively.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Sourav Ganguly Denies Ignoring Dhoni in Fantasy Team
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users
- Katrina Looks Smoking Hot In Her Latest Photoshoot, See Pic