Renault Kwid AMT 'Easy-R' Launched at Rs 4.25 Lakh
The Renault Kwid 1.0. (Photo Courtesy: Renault India)
Renault India had first showcased the AMT variant of their popular model Kwid at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo and has now launched it at a price tag of Rs 4.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The AMT-equipped offering comes after the company recently launched the Kwid SCe which was powered by a 1.0-litre engine. Renault will be offering the Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) gearbox only in the variants that are powered by the same 1.0-litre engine. This means, the AMT will be available only in the top-end RXT variant.
The engine delivers 67 horsepower and 91 Nm of torque and with the AMT gearbox, is claimed to deliver 24 km/l.
In terms of exterior design, there are no changes and similarly, there is no change inside the car as well. The only difference is that the car will have a rotary knob instead of the conventional gear lever to shift between drive modes. This has been done to save space between the driver and passenger seat in order to make war for compartment spaces.
At this price, the Renault Kwid directly competes with the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 AMT which costs Rs 20,000 less than the Kwid Easy-R.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story