Renault Kwid Completes 18,996km Drive From New Delhi to Paris
To celebrate the first anniversary of the “Make-in-India” Kwid, Renault embarked on a drive from Delhi to Paris.
Mr. Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO and Managing Director, Renault India Operations (Image: Renault)
Renault India delivered its commitment of revolutionising the entry car segment in India with Renault Kwid. It has so far sold 1,10,000 units since its launch about a year ago.
With Kwid, Renault achieved localisation levels of 98% at launch, the highest ever done by a global auto manufacturer in India and became synonymous with the “Make in India” mission.
To celebrate the first anniversary of the “Make-in-India” Kwid, Renault embarked on a drive from Delhi to Paris. The Kwid travelled through 13 countries covering 18,996 kms.
The drive started from India Gate at a temperature of 25 degrees and was driven in areas of stark contrast, going as low as -25 degrees, through Myanmar, China, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Belgium, before entering France.
Through the 45 day drive, Kwid negotiated a mix of different challenges in the form of snow-clad roads, sub-zero temperatures, monsoons with heavy rains and floods and places without traversable roads. The Kwid also registered a top speed of 174kmph on the autobahns of Germany.
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks About His Targets And Rivalry With Lionel Messi
- Monsoon Shootout Review: The Film is a Wishy-Washy Affair
- Kareena, Saif Head To Pataudi Palace With Taimur To Ring In His First Birthday
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?