DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Skoda India Head Sudhir Rao Resigns
Skoda Logo. Image used for representative purpose. (Photo: Siddharth Safaya/News18.com)
Czech automaker Skoda India's head Sudhir Rao has resigned after leading the operations for more than five years.
"Rao will be leaving Skoda Auto at his own request on June 30, 2017," Skoda Auto India spokesperson said in a statement.
The company would be announcing its successor in due course, it added without sharing a timeline.
Rao (57) had joined Skoda Auto India as Chairman and Managing Director on March 1, 2012. Before joining Skoda, Rao ran an international car brand's India activities as Chief Operating Officer. He had joined the company at a time when it was facing challenges in Indian market especially with customer complaints about sales service.
Last year, Skoda Auto India had reported sales of 13,370 units as against 15,457 units in 2015, down 13.5 per cent.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan