Tata Motors Jamshedpur plant rolls out 2 millionth truck
Established in 1945, Tata Motors had rolled out its first millionth vehicle on December 9, 1990.
Jamshedpur: Country's automobile giant Tata Motors Jamshedpur plant has rolled out of the two millionth (20 lakh) truck from its world-class manufacturing facility.
The truck which marked the milestone was rolled out in the presence of company's Managing Director Karl Slym and Executive Director (Commercial Vehicle) Ravi Pisharody at a function organised in the company works yesterday.
Established in 1945, Tata Motors had rolled out its first millionth vehicle on December 9, 1990, about 45 years after the company was set up, while the second millionth vehicle took about 23 years.
Commenting on this milestone, Slym said, "We are proud that the mother plant of the company, from where our operations started, has released its 2 millionth truck.
"We have modernised the plant through the years, which today produces our most technologically rich and high performing civilian and defence products, catering to customers across the world."
Jamshedpur plant is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and assembly lines to produce a truck every five minutes, over 200 models ranging from multi-axle trucks, tractor-trailers, tippers, mixers and special application vehicles.
Besides India, these vehicles are sold in South Africa, Russia, Myanmar, SAARC region and Middle East. The Jamshedpur facility was Tata Motors first, set up in 1945, to manufacture steam locomotives and it led company's foray into commercial vehicles in 1954.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped