Toyota Camry Hybrid launched in India at Rs 29.75 lakh
The new Camry Hybrid looks identical to its non-hybrid counterpart, but Toyota has introduced a number of new features to make it more alluring.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has launched the locally assembled Camry priced at Rs 29.75 lakh, ex-Delhi. While it won't be the first Toyota hybrid in India, the new Camry becomes the first hybrid to be assembled in India by Toyota. Other than the Camry Hybrid, TKM also sells the Prius.
To be assembled at Toyota's plant in Bidadi,Bangalore, the Hybrid is based on the seventh generation Camry platform. It boasts of a 2.5-litre petrol engine mated to an electric motor.
The car runs on Hybrid Synergy Drive, a system which automatically changes the source of power depending on the driving conditions. The engine and motor together have a total power output of 205PS.
Other than powering the car, the electric motor turns into a generator to convert the kinetic energy to electricity. Toyota claims a fuel efficiency of 19.16kmpl for the Camry Hybrid.
The new Camry Hybrid looks identical to its non-hybrid counterpart, but TKM have introduced a number of new features to make it more alluring. In India, the Hybrid comes with power reclining rear seats as also rear armrests with controls for the seats, AC and music system.
To read more visit: www.overdrive.in
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- OnePlus Diwali Dash Sale Live: Win OnePlus 3 at Re 1
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan