Toyota Fortuner Hybrid, Toyota Innova Crysta Hybrid to be Launched Soon
New Toyota Fortuner. (Photo Courtesy: Toyota Global)
Toyota will be introducing hybrid versions of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner, Managing Director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Akito Tachibana confirmed. Although, a date for the launch has not been settled upon yet.
Unlike Toyota’s full-fledged hybrid systems that power the Camry and Prius, Innova and Fortuner are likely to have a mild-hybrid system comprising of an ISG (Integrated Starter Generator). It will feature regenerative braking, auto start/stop and torque assist.
The hybrid system will not only improve fuel efficiency of the large diesel engines, but also allow the company to avail Centre's FAME tax incentives that could help lower the price. It is not yet known if the hybrid system is exclusive to the India market or will it be introduced in other markets too.
Reports suggest Toyota have been exploring a hybrid drivetrain option for the next gen Toyota Hilux, on which the Innova and Fortuner are based upon.
Toyota may introduce a full-fledged hybrid variant for the Corolla Altis. It is expected to have a system similar to the Camry Hybrid.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- MILESTONE MANIndia vs England: Ravichandran Ashwin Equals Kapil Dev's Mark of 23 Five-Wicket Hauls