Toyota recalling 1,85,000 vehicles globally
Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 1,85,000 vehicles globally, mostly in Japan and Europe, for a glitch in the power steering.
Tokyo: Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 1,85,000 vehicles globally, mostly in Japan and Europe, for a glitch in the power steering. No accidents have been reported related to the problem.
The recall covers 123,000 vehicles in Japan, including the Vitz compact, and 46,000 vehicles in Europe, including the Yaris, all produced between August 2010 and March 2012, Toyota spokesman Brian Lyons said Wednedsay.
It also covers 11,000 Subaru Trezia vehicles produced under an OEM deal, all in Japan, he said.
Only about 100 vehicles were affected in North America.
The problem can short circuit the power steering, causing a warning lamp to go on and a buzzer to go off. It can also suspend power-steering assistance, so the driver needs to work harder to steer, according to Toyota.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology