Uttar Pradesh to Only Register Bharat Stage-IV Mark Vehicles
Representational purposes only (Image: AP)
The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to register only Bharat-IV mark vehicles -- both light and heavy -- in the state after April 1, 2017, an official said on Wednesday.
The decision has been taken to keep the air and sound pollution levels under check.
Bharat stage emission standards are emission standards instituted by the government to regulate the output of air pollutants from internal combustion engine equipment, including motor vehicles.
Transport Commissioner Ravindra Nayak said that after the April 1, 2017 deadline, vehicle manufacturers would only manufacture BS-IV vehicles.
Nayak added that excluding 27 districts of the state (Kanpur, Agra, Lucknow, Mathura, Unnao, Rae Bareli, Aligarh City, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Bijnor, Jyotibafule Nagar (Amroha), Rampur, Moradabad, Budaun, Bareilly, Mahamayanagar (Hathras), Etah and Firozabad, Etawah, Mainpuri, Pilibhit, Shamli, Sambhal, Farrukhabad, Kannauj, Auraiya and Kasganj), in all other districts of the state, including NCR region, owners of vehicles of Bharat-III level are advised to get their vehicles registered before March 31, 2017.
The transport commissioner also said that to minimise pollution levels, the state government is promoting vehicles running on LPG, CNG and battery.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- IMPORTED TALENTSouth Africa Born Cricketers Who Have Done Well for England