Volkswagen launches the Cross Polo in India at Rs 7.75 lakh
The Volkswagen Cross Polo will be available with a 1.2 litre diesel engine and a five-speed manual gearbox.
New Delhi: German car-maker Volkswagen launched a new variant of its hatchback Polo in India, priced at Rs 7.75 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new edition, Cross Polo will be available with a 1.2 litre diesel engine and a five-speed manual gearbox, Volkswagen said in a statement.
"The Polo is an important carline in the Indian portfolio and with ongoing updates we keep it relevant and exciting for our customers," Volkswagen Passenger Cars Managing Director Arvind Saxena said.
The 'Cross Polo' has been created for those looking at a premium hatchback in a sporty crossover style, he added. The car comes with a slew of features including new cross front and rear bumpers, black side cladding and wheel arches, silver painted mirrors and roof rails, the company said.
The Volkswagen Cross Polo comes with a 75PS 1.2Tdi engine from the diesel Polo. It is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Expect a 0-100kmph time of 16.16 seconds with a top speed around 180kmph, same as the regular diesel Polo. Sales for the Cross Polo start from August 23, 2013.
The Cross Polo gets new bumpers, body cladding, silver painted mirrors, 15-inch alloy wheels and silver roof rails.
Inside there is 'Livon' titanium black upholstery, leather wrapped steering wheel, gearshift knob and handbrake lever.
There are also chrome linings for the interiors. The music system gets a Aux-in, USB, SD card and Bluetooth compatibility. On the safety front, there is ABS, dual airbags and engine immobilizer.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute