Volkswagen Polo GTI Teased, Launch Expected Soon
Volkswagen Polo GTI. (Photo Courtesy: Volkswagen UK)
Volkswagen had showcased the Polo GTI at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo held in February and had managed to catch a lot of attention, thanks to the mammoth amount of power the car generates. The company has now started teasing out the launch of the GTI on it social media platforms hinting at an upcoming launch.
The Volkswagen Polo will be even faster than the already fast Polo GT. It is powered by a 1.8-litre TSI engine that comes mated with a 7–speed DSG gear box that makes the car capable of going from 0-100 km/h in a matter of just 6.7 seconds.
Volkswagen Polo GTI from the back. (Photo Courtesy: Volkswagen UK)
Globally, there are two variants of the car that are available for purchase – a 3-door variant and a 5-door variant. India is expected to get the three-door variant first and the five-door variant is expected to follow next year.
It will be interesting to see what kind of features the GTI comes loaded with to India and whether the engine receives a different state of tune, which might result in lesser power output as compared to the international variant given the quality of fuel that is available in India. These changes could also affect the prices of the GTI, which are expected to be around Rs 20 lakh mark. Watch this space for updates.
Recommended For You
- WALKING WOUNDEDRahane Sidelined Due to Injury, Manish Pandey Included
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video