DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Volkswagen unveils XL1 concept, Touareg and Beetle
The Touareg will be on sale officially in India from April 2012.
New Delhi: Volkswagen unveiled the XL1 concept car, new Touareg, Beetle and their Think Blue, Drive Blue theme at the 2012 Auto Expo. The Touareg will be on sale officially in India from April 2012.
The XL1 concept is powered by a 0.8-litre plug in hybrid diesel engine generating a maximum power of 48PS and delivering an unbelievable 111kmpl fuel efficiency. The 2012 Beetle gets a 7-speed DSG gearbox and a choice of 1.2- and 1.4-litre TSi engines developing 105PS and 160PS of power.
The 2012 Touareg gets a 3.0-litre V6 TDI engine with 245PS on tap and an 8-speed automatic transmission. Volkswagen claims that the new Touareg will move from 0-100 kmph in 7.6 seconds. The new Touareg comes standard with all wheel drive and in the sport mode it tunes ESP for off road duty, activates hill descent assist and adjusts shift points for the automatic gearbox allowing the driver to experience off road at its best. The Touareg is now 41mm longer, 12mm wider and has 20-inch alloy wheels, LED daytime running lamps with xenon headlamps and a panoramic sunroof.
Volkswagen also displayed the new Phaeton which is powered by a 3.0-litre V6 TDI engine having a power output of 240PS.
Recommended For You
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- List of Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Car Launches to Look Forward To
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses