Volvo High End 90 Series Cars to Come Pre-Equipped With Skype
Volvo said in a press release that it is also exploring how it can use Cortana in its vehicles.
Skype logo (Image: Reuters)
Volvo has announced plans to incorporate the popular chat portal Skype on the consoles in its high-end 90 Series cars.
A list of scheduled meetings and and a shortcut to people's contact list will be available on a touch screen. Tapping once will take the user to a meeting summary, that will show the organiser, participants and ways in which they can join the call.
Also, there will be "Join Meeting" shortcut at the bottom of the screen. Connectivity will presumably handled by the user's smartphone. Although Skype has been know for dodgy call quality, we can only hope things get better in the car.
Volvo said in a press release that it is also exploring how it can use Cortana in its vehicles. Cortana is Microsoft's personal assistant software. This would help Microsoft compete with Apple and Google, who have CarPlay and Android Auto in the the industry.
Recommended For You
- Rashid Khan Becomes Top-ranked ODI Bowler, Youngest Ever to Do So
- Reliance Jio Ranked 17th Among World's 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Nidahas Trophy: India Take on Sri Lanka in Opener; Final on March 18
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018
- Honor 9 Lite vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5: The Budget Smartphone Bout