Volvo High End 90 Series Cars to Come Pre-Equipped With Skype
Volvo said in a press release that it is also exploring how it can use Cortana in its vehicles.
Skype logo (Image: Reuters)
Volvo has announced plans to incorporate the popular chat portal Skype on the consoles in its high-end 90 Series cars.
A list of scheduled meetings and and a shortcut to people's contact list will be available on a touch screen. Tapping once will take the user to a meeting summary, that will show the organiser, participants and ways in which they can join the call.
Also, there will be "Join Meeting" shortcut at the bottom of the screen. Connectivity will presumably handled by the user's smartphone. Although Skype has been know for dodgy call quality, we can only hope things get better in the car.
Volvo said in a press release that it is also exploring how it can use Cortana in its vehicles. Cortana is Microsoft's personal assistant software. This would help Microsoft compete with Apple and Google, who have CarPlay and Android Auto in the the industry.
Recommended For You
- Tiger Zinda Hai: Salman, Katrina's Swag Is The Only High Point In This Bland Welcome Song
- IFFI 2017: Janhvi, Sridevi, Shahid Steal The Show With Their Stylish Appearances
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank
- Royal Enfield Interceptor and Continental GT 650 Twin Debuts at Rider Mania 2017
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown