Watch: At 427.6 kmph Hennessey Venom GT is the world's fastest car
The Hennessey Venom GT eclipsed the former record holder, the Bugatti Veyron.
Mumbai: The Hennessey Venom GT is now officially the world's fastest stock production car, eclipsing the former record holder, the Bugatti Veyron.
Hennessey officials tested the 1261PS/1564Nm 7.0-litre twin-turbo V8 Venom GT on the US Naval Air Station in Lemoore.
Two VBOX 3i data logging systems were used to monitor this run and there were VBOX officials present to verify as well.
The 3.21 km run saw the Venom attain a speed of 427.60 kmph, which is not its top speed considering that the driver ran out of road.
In contrast, the Veyron has a factory restricted top speed of 415kmph.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here's How it Will Look
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines