Yamaha Alpha scooter spotted in India before Auto Expo 2014 launch
The Yamaha Alpha has a bulbous looking body line similar to the Activa, Jupiter and Access and comes with steel wheels.
Yamaha has time and again indicated that its focus is to grow in India. The two-wheeler manufacturer's scooter portfolio is bringing in the numbers for the company and needless to say, Yamaha is planning more scooters on the successful Ray platform. Proof is the new unisex scooter spotted ahead of its official unveil at the Auto Expo 2014.
The Yamaha Alpha, as the sticker on the scooter suggests, borrows the Ray's underpinnings. It however has a bulbous looking body line similar to the Activa, Jupiter and Access and comes with steel wheels. Elongated indicator lamps are housed in the front apron while the headlamp unit, unlike the Ray's, moves with the handlebar. The side body panels are new as well.
The seat unit like its competitors looks broad and comfortable. There is a storage hook in front of the seat which should be good to hold the groceries. The grab rail looks similar to the competition. We expect the tail lamp unit to be in line with what the competition offers.
Yamaha though could have chosen to give an external fuel filler, something which the recently launched Jupiter offers. Braking duties will be handled by drums at both the ends, though we feel that Yamaha may offer a front disc as an option. There are telescopic front forks on offer as well.
To read more visit: www.overdrive.in
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand