Hong Kong Open Super Series: Stunning Comeback Puts PV Sindhu in Semis
PV Sindhu. (Getty Images)
Kowloon: PV Sindhu created magic on a badminton court yet again as she came back from six points down in the final game to seal a come from behind victory to enter the semi-finals of the Hong Kong Open Super Series with a 21-17, 21-23, 21-18 win over Singapore's Liang Xiayou.
Sindhu had a poor start to the match as she trailed 4-7 in the opening game. But the Rio Olympics silver medallist picked consecutive points to surge into lead.
The Singaporean was on top at the beginning of the second game as she led 6-3. But she squandered the opportunity once again and the game was evenly poised at 10-10.
Sindhu then played some attacking badminton to take a 17-13 lead and it looked like a matter of time before she wrapped up the match.
The Singaporean took a massive lead in the deciding game and led her Indian opponent 15-9 at one point as Sindhu almost had a meltdown.
But as she has shown several times this season, Sindhu is a tough nut to crack and the Hyderabadi girl started a rearguard, which saw her claw back to 14-15 and eventually tied the game at 18-18.
Sindhu won the next three points to close the decider 21-18 to move into the top 4.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings